A 2022 survey conducted by MSP 360 showed that over 50% of MSP firms regard lead generation as their top business challenge. If you’re among that 50%, don’t worry: good SEO can help you.
As a Managed Services Provider, you may have avoided SEO because of previous bad experiences with SEO professionals or because it seems like a bad investment of your resources. However, when executed properly, SEO provides tremendous benefits to all aspects of your marketing strategy, from branding to lead generation.
Using PPC and SEO together overcomes unique limitations
When faced with the decision of whether to invest in SEO or PPC, you’ve likely chosen PPC because it offers a faster and clearer path to ROI. Like many business leaders, you may have dismissed SEO as unrealistic or too much of a long-term strategy to bring any short-term benefits.
But, it doesn’t have to be an either-or game. SEO and PPC can work together to drive powerful results for your firm. Here are several ways you can carry momentum from your PPC activities into an effective SEO strategy:
- Keyword data: SEO and PPC campaigns both rely on extensive keyword research. If you’re already researching keywords for PPC ads, you can increase the value of those keywords by targeting them in SEO campaigns.
- Retargeting: Unless you’re in a market with very little competition, an SEO campaign can take months to generate substantial results. When someone lands on your content, they may not instantly convert, which is when search retargeting comes in handy.
- Smarter ad spend: When you improve and monitor your organic rank positions, you can stop wasting ad spend on keywords for which you hold the top rank positions.
Good SEO content supports an inbound MSP marketing strategy
While many types of marketing involve reaching out to the right people, inbound marketing is all about getting the right people to come to you. When done well, inbound MSP marketing attracts high-quality leads and proactively addresses the objections of sales prospects.
Traditionally, marketers have illustrated the buyer journey with a funnel, categorizing activities as either TOFU (top of funnel), MOFU (middle of funnel), or BOFU (bottom of funnel). Here is how SEO content can support your MSP marketing efforts at each stage:
- TOFU: At the top of the funnel, your goal is to increase awareness about the problems you solve for your target audience. With strategic keyword research, you can create SEO content to recommend solutions to your target audience’s problems.
- MOFU: Once people understand why their problem is occurring, they start researching solutions. You can create and optimize content that helps your target audience resolve or prevent their problem — ideally, you can position your firm within this content.
- BOFU: Once people have narrowed down their solutions and are ready to pick an MSP firm, you can optimize case studies, press releases, and other content to show up organically in SEO and build your firm’s expertise and credibility in the minds of buyers.